Roland ESG Efforts
Society is at an important turning point, and this has an influence on our daily lives. Music, a source of vitality and fulfillment for many, has a greater role now that technology allows it to be experienced almost anywhere in the world. As we evolve, Roland is dedicated to making the joy of musical expression more accessible through electronic musical instruments by allowing people to casually enjoy music without being restricted in terms of where and when to play.
With respect to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria, Roland is committed to achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through efforts that only we can achieve. A prime example of our growth strategy is Roland Cloud, our evolving cloud-based platform. With Roland Cloud, we have unified our software and hardware products to provide seamless workflows between our electronic musical instruments and the creative needs of modern musicians and producers. Our approach enhances and enriches the customer’s experience by allowing them to enjoy one product for a long time through regular updates and enhancements, leading to a more satisfying and environmentally friendly musical life.
Promotion of corporate activities that respect the environment.
- Contribute to the enhancement of environmental preservation through the development of energy-conserving hardware products and software-based cloud services.
- Respect the laws of various nations concerning prohibited substances, energy saving, etc.
- Control the quality of products and increase customer satisfaction by acquiring the Quality Management System certification (ISO9001).
To make people worldwide even more prosperous with music.
- Promote cultural and artistic activities through musical events and education.
- Create employment opportunities in emerging nations through musical instrument manufacturing.
- Improve employee work-life balance and productivity through flextime and teleworking.
- Create workplaces worthy of our employees by making the best possible use of our workplace activity surveys.
We have received the highest-level "Eruboshi" certification from the government in Japan based on the Act on Promotion of Women's Participation and Advancement in the Workplace.
Fair and transparent managerial system.
- We maintain six total directors, including four outside directors that provide business proposals from objective points of view.
- Risk Management and Compliance Committee meetings with executive directors and executive officers held on a monthly basis.
- The Nomination and Remuneration committee, which consists mainly of independent, Outside Directors.